Tuesday 8 September 2009

Atunement

I've just been trawling around the internet, and hullo, Robocop's here already. If y'all don't start thinking about this now, this is what your bobby on the beat may look like in ten years from now:



I imagine that this gentleman probably isn't what you'd call a core Green voter. If I could get him to turn his swords into ploughshares (and his bodysuit into beercans?????) I think I'd have earned at least a PhD.

I prefer to see a picture like this:

Ah, how reassuring. The Green Party Autumn Conference, held this year in Hove (Brighton Conference Centre is a bit beyond our means). Obviously we were there because all our efforts for next year are focussed on at least getting Caroline Lucas (and preferably a couple more) elected to Westminster.

This was my fourth conference, but I guess you could say that it's the first one where I was feeling really involved, partly helped by the fact that so many people from Hackney were there.

I also learned about one Green concept which was very new to me: "Atunement". This refers to a one minute period of silence which we always have before a full plenary debate on any subject. The notion is that you're spending a moment to reflect and, errr, like, tune in to each other, Mother Earth, the Cosmos, and all that. It's pretty old-school hippie stuff for the wave of members like myself who have only joined the Green Party in the last few years, but I guess I can see why people want to hang on to a few of those traditions. It's certainly not my intention to steamroller over everything, but of course I do think we've got to atune ourselves a bit more to Jo Public, as well as each other.

I really don't know why I've only just learned about that. If I stumbled upon a moment of atunement at a previous conference I must just have assumed someone had died. Sorry.

Anyway, it was all a good laugh. We had cabaret from Mark Thomas and Attila the Stockbroker, and some decent weather. Back to London today, eh. Not sure if we're doing the garden tomorrow. Ed didn't seem too bothered about doing that.

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it is better to do some research before selecting the right type of WoW character Pashminahgh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy OxandroloneMercado de Divisas But the archetypal anatomy of Urdu balladry that we avant-garde bodies accept appear to apperceive did not absolutely yield on a final appearance until the 17th century

    ReplyDelete
  4. But it is better to do some research before selecting the right type of WoW character Pashminahgh



    japanese matchmakingremovalist gold coast

    ReplyDelete
  5. By being a part of a festival is a wonderful way to get yourself acquainted with the local cultureRYA Powerboat Coursehochzeitsgeschenk

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Chinese government is known to have put in place technology that monitors online chat rooms for controversial topics but the far-reaching measures have not stopped all nefarious cyber activity.

    As well as criminal hackers, many activists are turning to the web to make protests more visible.

    The website of Menginu, a firm at the centre of a tainted milk scandal, was vandalised and its homepage image replaced with text that read "Do you have a conscience?".
    Rubans Imprimésretractable screen doors

    ReplyDelete
  7. The victorious agent is a hero, often portrayed as engaging in hand-to-hand combat with a monster
    French Montana mixtapesAcer ICONIA W500-BZ467 Tablet PC Computers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate the way you're always right.
    and that you refuse to show you care.
    I hate it when you laugh at me...
    and I hate it when you stare.
    salle mariageToyota Prius Electric Steering Rack

    ReplyDelete
  9. People joke that no one in Los Angeles reads; everyone watches TV, rents videos, or goes to the movies. The most popular reading material is comic books, movie magazines, and TV guides. City libraries have only 10 percent of the traffic that car washes have.Toronto Condospest control companies sunshine coast

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wayfarers.
    An old man and a young man were walking along, when they saw a sack of money lying on the road.The young man picked it up and said :
    _" God gas sent me this find "
    _"let''''s share it" said the old man."
    _"No,"said the young man."we didn''''t find it together, i picked it up on my own"
    .The old man said nothin. they walked on a little further.Suddenly, they heard horses galloping in pursuit n poeple shouting :
    _"Who stole the sack of money?"
    The young man took fringht and said:
    _" let''''s hope our find doesn''''t get us into trouble ,uncle!"
    _"It''''s your find , not ours find, and your trouble, not ours", said the old man.
    They seized the young man and took him to town to be tried, but the old man went off home.
    free text messagepower tabs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi man..

    Thx for sharing...i didnt know bout the "Atunement" concep, its new to me...Always is better have time tink before talk. Mercado de Divisas

    Cheers...

    ReplyDelete