Monday 31 August 2009

Tar No Ta.



Watch that first. Tar, and see ya Tuesday morning, if you were there.

And then watch the interview with Clayton Thomas-Muller. This guy is an awesome speaker.



And more detail from this link. Here are Lionel Lepine and George Poitras, representatives of the Athabasca region First Nations, discussing yesterday the film and the actions which must follow.

Photo left: Hackney Green Party sends a delegation over to Climate Camp. General thoughts on the experience. Very chilled out and pretty chilly towards the end of my stay, with that healthy power generator that was blowing across the Heath. There were so many things to learn there, and not much time to make choices about that. The Tar Sands issue stood out front and centre for me at least, but I guess that it may not have been the same for everyone. I would have loved to learn a bit about building a pedal-powered sound system, but I think that I maybe possibly don't really have the time for that hobby right now. Shame.

Lewisham Green Party sent a creditably large contingent to greet the Camp, though I must confess I was a bit jealous that the Camp hadn't chosen Hackney Marshes. Another time, hopefully. All but one, I think, of Lewisham's six Green councillors were there (and apologies if the last one was and I didn't count him - I just don't know). Here are those five, plus Jean Lambert MEP

OK then, back to the allotment today, innit.

1 comment:

  1. The FA will continue their investigation into the race row this week,ForumLinkBuilding.com but Warnock does not envisage the saga affecting his team's efforts on the pitch."We have moved on already,best article writing service" the Rangers boss said"It's not our problem. I don't see the time frame of it all really.

    ReplyDelete